<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 20, 2006


domestic abuse 

conversations at work

N: I'm going to try to work on all this at home.

ESC: don't let your cat gouge you again *points to very deep scratch on her wrist*

N: ooooooh...he won't do that again. He just didn't want me to go to work.

ESC: you know, you always sound like a victim of domestic abuse when you defend your cats like that. Like "ohhh, I know my husband hit me, but it was my fault for forgetting his coffee"

N: it's not like that! it's a cat!

ESC: if my dog bit me for trying to leave for work, I'd kick her across the room! dogs don't get away with that shit.

N: dog bites are worse than cat scratches. this isn't so bad.

ESC: yeah, defending that cat again.

N: IT'S JUST A CAT! A VERY STUPID ONE, TOO!

ESC: whatever. enabler.

|