<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 08, 2006


congratulations! 

I think the reason that women enjoy being engaged so much is the never ending stream of compliments and congratulations you get.

"you're engaged! congratulations!"

THANK YOU! I have done NOTHING worthy of congratulations, but I will TAKE IT!

Until today, randomly, the guy bagging my groceries at Publix asked me out of the blue "so you're getting married soon?"

huh? wha? how did he....?


oh.


God I'm such a dork. I had just come from the Georgia Bridal Show, and was still wearing my "Bride To Be" pink heart shaped sticker. Which I had on THE WHOLE TIME I WAS AT PUBLIX!

Dork.

DORK DORK DORK!

But yeah. Thanks, kind bag boy! Then, of course, comes the next dreaded question. From the friendly cashier lady of Indian descent.

"when is the date?"

"umm...october"

"ohh...why are you waiting so long?"


WHAT? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HAVE TO DO, LADY! I let her go with that, assuming it was cultural, and that maybe Indian weddings only take a few days to plan.

Maybe I should have hired her to do my wedding.


OK, and I should make a confession here. I am going to do my best to NOT blab on and on about wedding plans on this site, because I KNOW you didn't come here for that. You came for my NEXT post, which will be a sex toy review. (true!) If, however, you are ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED by the news that you will not be able to read about my ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS (read: "crazed and panicked") wedding plans...I have good news.


I started a wedding blog.

It is under a completely different blogger account, with no reference whatsoever to this one. Because my MOTHER knows about it. I have set haloscan comments to not show website addresses of commenters, and I HOPE TO GOD I remember to reset the haloscan cookie and comment under my real name and real-life email address, before my mother asks who this ESC person is.

If you want to read this fascinating account, you can email me and I'll send you the address. However, if I don't really "know" you, please don't get upset if I say no. the wedding site site will have more personal details than this site, and I don't neccessarily need every stalker out there knowing exactly where my reception is, etc.

But for those of you that could give two kitty shits, then rest assured, you can still come to "...but mostly rants" for your daily dose of mostly boring ramblings with the occasional naughty bits I throw in to make sure you're not dozing off. Because that's the kind of quality you've come to expect from "...but mostly rants!"



DORK!

|