<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 26, 2006


and GET OFF MY LAWN! 

I have become an old, cranky party pooper.

HOOORAY!

I got home last night a little after 9pm. Kev was nowhere to be found, and Sadie was REALLY happy to see me. Clingy, even.

The reason for the clingyness soon became clear. Our upstairs neighbor was having a party.

The upstairs unit had been empty for a while, and then one day we started hearing thumps and bumps, and occasionally saw a late-middle aged couple in the thru-ways. Hooray! Units are selling, and with someone upstairs we'll save on our heating bill a bit!

Then late middle aged couple disappeared,
and young college girl showed up. At first I thought maybe she was just visiting from school...but no. I think she lives there. By herself. Mommy and daddy bought her a condo to live in.

This is typical for undergrads at this school (I know she goes here - I saw her wearing a sweatshirt with the name on it). Lotsa richie kids. Spoiled, an over-inflated sense of entitlement, and an "i'm going to be a fucking DOCTOR one day, whaddaya MEAN I got a fucking A MINUS????"

anyway...spoiled college girl threw a part last night. Not a cocktail hour...a college party.

So this is what I was greeted to when I got home:


WWWWWAAAAAMMMMMMMMME
MMMMMMEMMMMMMMMBBBBB
BBBBRRRMMMMMMM....MMMMM
MWWWWAARRRRRRRRRRRRMMM
MMMMMMMRRRMMMRMMMRRRR

*group of voices*

HOORAY!

*drunk guy*

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

*cue awful music with loud base again*

WWWWWAAAAAMMMMMMMMM
EMMMMMMEMMMMMMMMBBB
BBBBBBRRRMMMMMMM.....*ahhhhhh*
.........MMMMMM*dammit!*WWWWA
ARRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM
MMRRRMMMRMMMRRRR


Rinse...repeat....and repeat....and repeat....

Sadie was now velcroed to my leg. The music had a lot of base, and it was kind of vibrating around. It wasn't even GOOD music. Typical punk ass kids.

Now I like a good party, and good lord knows, in my college days, I loved THAT kind of party. But I don't live in a dorm anymore, and I bought a condo and moved out of my apartment to get AWAU from all the college kids for whom "sleep" and "work" are foreign concepts.


Kev came home, and we discussed what to do. technically, according to the condo covenants, you can be somewhat noisy until 11pm. I had a feeling I could still legitimately complain....but I didn't want to be TOO much of a buzzkill.

I gritted my teeth, and held on until 11. Bitching under my breath the whole time. IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT, PEOPLE! WHO HAS A PARTY WEDNESDAY NIGHT???? GODDAMMIT!!!!

Finally, it was 11:20, and drunk college kids showed no sign of slowing down.

We contemplated calling the police, but I decided to give them a fair chance.

I made Kev go up and knock on the door.


THIS IS WHY WE LET BOYS LIVE WITH US! TO KILLS SPIDERS, FIX THE SINK, AND KNOCK ON NEIGHBOR'S DOOR TO COMPLAIN!

Plus Kev is an intimidating looking kind of guy. even a drunk punk ass kid would have second thoughts about ignoring his request.

While he was up there, he got a good peek in the window. Lots of kids, all drinking...some sleeping...most being loud.

But it broke up after he asked that they keep it down. the music went off, and we could here THUMP THUMP THUMP....WHAM! *giggle* THUMP...*trip* THUMPTHUMPTHUMP down the steps and out to the parking lot...

then we heard...


WEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEOOOWEEEEEEE
OOOOOOEEEEEEOOOOEEEEEOOO

a car alarm! Not mine. I peeked outside...drunk kids, laughing...getting into cars.


Oh geez...I told myself SURELY one of them is a designated. Right?



but then....quiet.


ahhhhh.....


I am SUCH a bitch.

|