<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 19, 2005


another post consisting of mostly pictures.... 

...in leiu of actual "content."

So I did not spend the entire weekend staring at my ring, mesmirized. I wanted to, though.

oooooo...prettttyyyyy...riiiiiing......

I did much running around and getting things done that were not so important, considering Christmas is HOLY SHIT...IN 6 DAYS!

I am so not ready.

So here are some pics of things I did.

make macaroons!
coconut macaroons

Macaroons use a lot of egg whites, so I needed something to do with the massive amount of egg yolks left over. So I made an egg yolk sponge cake, which I do not have a picture of, but it IS delicious, and is currently being enjoyed by the members of my lab, because I am nice like that.

Opening gifts!

Any gift that comes to me before christmas is fair game. I LIKE PRESENTS! First, my aunt sent a gift certificate for Amazon.com, AND a cute little gift for Sadie:

the look of pure hatred

You remember that scene from "A Christmas Story" where Ralphie has to go try on the bunny pj's his Aunt Clara made for him? And he walks down the steps looking like an Easter nightmare, with the most miserable, depressed look on his face? A face that said "this is SO HUMILIATING! PLEASE OH PLEASE LET ME TAKE THIS OFF!"

Yeah, that's how Sadie looked the whole time she had it on. Poor Sadie. Thank God pets can't come back years from now and accuse us of ruining their lives by inflicting psychological damage, causing them to wear all black, write bad poetry, and vote Green party well past the age when it's cool to do all that.

bwaha!

We also got presents from...JAMIE!

a HUGE binder wedding planner!

for Kev...

Hey, how did she know Kev was clueless?

The planner looks like it will come in VERY handy. Though it is scaring the crap out of me. SO MUCH TO DO! SO MANY CHECKLISTS!!!

My favorite is the checklist to give the photographer, which has requests for specific photographs in it. Like "bride and father getting into limo." But the BEST pic request it lists is "Groom and best man, with groom looking at watch."

what?

So yeah, that was my weekend. Throw in a few hours in the lab both days, a quick run to Walgreens, some light knitting (not enough! ack!) and...naps. And the depressing feeling that I might be coming down with a cold. CRAP!


|