<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 28, 2005


INSIDE! IT CONTINUES TO GROW!!! 

For the love of God, E-Lo and Tash, DO NOT READ THIS!!! THIS IS MY PERSONAL PARANOIA.


In my first year of graduate school, I took a med school class called human genetics. Sounds cool, right?

No.

The majority of this class was spent studying all the horrific things that can go wrong during fetal development, and then in the first years of life.

We learned about and saw pictures of hundreds birth defects, sydromes, and still births. Nighmarish images that still haunt me.

It made me terrified to ever get pregnant. It seemed miraculous that anyone could have a healthy baby.

I'm watching a program right now on Discovery Health called Vanished Twins. It's about the rare condition in which one fetus absorbs it's abnormal twin, and the abnormal twin grows like a parasite inside the normal one.

*shudder*

Why do I do this to myself?

|