<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 22, 2005


Down by 2 

Last night, as my mom played solitaire on my laptop, the screen blinked, and the XP version of the blue screen of death appeared.

After restarting, I got a message saying "media test failed" and "operating system not detected"

Uh oh.

I think I just lost my hard drive. Kev will look at it tonight, and try to see if anything can be recovered off of it...but it looks pretty scary. Fortunately, it's still under warrenty. Unfortunately, it will probably take weeks to fix...dumbass compUSA techs.

So I'm down one laptop.

Got my mom to the airport this morning. Was a little worried as weather reports proclaimed that Atlanta was under a "fog warning." However, a quick check out the curtains revealed a bright sunny and warm day. Stupid Flip Spiceland.

Dropped her off at the curb, and after a quick hug, she was off. On one hand, I'm glad my life can get back to normal, on the other hand, I'm sad to see her go. Our relationship has changed subtly since Kev and I got serious. It's a good thing, because I think she sees me more as a grown woman now. But now it seems like there's a distance between us. Sad. But this week was like old times, shopping and eating and watching movies and eating...and...eating. Yeah...no diets happening this week.

But now she's gone. And back to the same old same old.

Sigh.

Hehe...but I imagine some fun will be had tonight! Wheeeee!

|