<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 30, 2004


crunchy time - with fun picture update! 

By the time I got home today it was after 5. GAH! Too much to do!!! So I'm blogging.

The retreat was fun, though. It was at the Calvin center, and the weather was PERFECT! hot and sunny. I enjoyed a nice walk around the lake today, scaring little tadpoles in the shallows.

Last night, we just socialized and played games. The wine was FLOWING! It was weird being tipsy around church folk. Not that they're a conservative bunch, or anything (we lamented about how, despite all of our best efforts, GA will most likely go to Bush...ack!), but you know....they're GROWNUPS! Had a VERY entertaining conversation with two women that had young kids, and one that was older and had grown up kids. We talked about sex, pregnancy, dealing with puberty - ours and both of the mother's daughters, who are apparently just beginning the crying about everything and the "why is my body changing? I don't like it!!!" phase. We didn't get to bed until well after 1, which made getting up at 7:20am VERY difficult. Especially after my roommate, a very sweet older lady who turned in early, starting snoring at around 5am.

We got a lot of work done today. We're doing a very complicated piece on Dec 5 (you know, in honor of my birthday, of course!) , where we're actually singing the whole service. We've done it before, but it's a LOT of work! Seems like it's coming along, though.

We ended around 3:15, and I drove straight to work. I think I did the fastest colony patching of my life.

So now the floor is clean, the last of the food is bought (except for the baguette for the leftover goat cheese, which I'll pick up fresh tomorrow), and all that's left is a quick wipe down of the bathroom, including installing of a new toilet seat. The old toilet seat cracked, and now pinches your butt when you sit down. (I'm inclined to believe it was a factor of cheapness, and NOT a commentary of Kevin's or my weight. ahem.) I thought about making it part of the party theme - Beware the Evil Biting Toilet Seat of Doom! but figured my guests might not have a sense of humor about that sort of thing.

Tomorrow I'll make the rest of the food. Yummy! Hopefully my camera batteries won't crap out on me and I'll be able to take many pictures. Wish you could all be there!

***********
just realized that after tomorrow, my template is going to look a little silly. I haven't had time to come up with a thanksgiving theme, so I may just go back to the original. any fun theme ideas any of you would like to see?
***********
in the interest of animal fairness, here is a picture of my friend Brenda's (another grad student in the lab) cat. His name is Max, and he's sticking his tongue out at you. HA HA! Happy Halloween!



|