<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004


He likes it raw 

As many of you know, I live in Georgia. I moved here almost 5 years ago from Pittsburgh, PA, to go to grad school. Now for those of you who are unfamiliar with the south, let me tell you something about southern folk.

You think you had school spirit in college? Went to all the football games and cheered for your team? Have a few t-shirts?

Amateurs.

People down here are nuts. No really…nuts. Stark crazy, over the top, scary nuts, when it comes to college football. UGA, Georgia State, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Tennessee…

Everything here shuts down on Saturdays during football season. And not just for home games. Oh no – people will travel to these games. And not just the boys, girls too. I can’t have a Saturday night out with my girlfriends on Saturday nights between Sept and Dec, because they’re all watching the game.

I don’t get it. I’m a professional football fan. Go Steelers!

So what’s my point here? I’m dating and living with a southern boy. A very southern boy. Alabama. I love him dearly – and I will marry him if he ever gets around to asking me (I know, I know K, 3 years for that one…)

I was thrilled to death to find out he wasn’t much of a football fan. I found the one southern boy who was psycho over college football! Hooray. We can go out on Saturdays! Poo to the rest of my southern friends!

Not so fast. So where does all that testosterone fueled aggression and competitiveness find it’s outlet?

Wrestling. Professional (cough) wrastling.

He’s in the spare room right now, watching the WWE or WWR or whatever. I’m a wrestling widow.

And I can’t even poke fun at it! He get’s mad at me if I do, saying that he watches my “stupid shows.” But wrestling is basically a soap opera for men (and don’t get me STARTED on soap operas!) there’s relationships, questionable paternity issues, feuds, crazy people, weird outfits…you kinda have to make fun of it!

I’m not pitching a fit here. As vices go, this barely ranks. It’s just….wrestling! Weird!

I love my sweetie anyway, drama in spandex fetish and all :) He’s still going to be mad at me, though. But I know how to make him forgive me…I can be veeeeeeerrrrrrrrryy persuasive…and naughty!


|