<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004


...and I approved this ad 

Is it me, or are political ads getting scarier.
 
Here in georgia, the republicans are trying to out-republican each other.  I swear. 
 
Commercial for candidate A: "vote for me, I'm very conservative.  I always vote pro-life!"
 
commercial for candidate B: "no, vote more me.  I'm endorsed by the NRA.  and candidate A voted for abortions to be performed foreign military bases"
 
candidate A: "I'm endorsed by the christian coalition.  candidate B voted to keep trade with China and Vietnam"
 
WTF?  And if you think i'm exaggerating, I'm not.  I just shortened the length.  They're super scary.
 
I hate the south.

Additional mentions: just saw two more ridiculous commercials this morning.  The first bragged that he was endorsed by Newt Gingrich, and then ended with a "talking" St. Bernard dog asking us to vote for this guy.  Oh yeah, where's the voting booth?

The second one began with this statement "America is the ONLY country in the world where you can work hard, get ahead, and achieve your dreams."  Really?  I didn't know the rest of the world was comprised of dreamless communists.  Screw you, Canada!




|