<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 14, 2004


Mr. Overly Friendly 

Ever meet someone who was a little too friendly? Who got a little too interested in personal conversation a little quicker than normal? The radioactivity delivery guy here is like that. Two weeks ago, I ordered some 32P for the very first time. The guy from Radiation Safety came to deliver it, and immediately struck up a conversation with me like we're old friends.

"so what are you doing this weekend? Any fun plans? What else are you doing?" Etc, etc.

And not in an I-don't-really-care-what-the-answer-is-I'm-just-making-small-talk kind of way. Like those short conversations with the UPS guy. You know, they go something like this "sign here, please" "OK. So is it still raining?" "just a little. Thanks, have a good night" "you too" That's it. And that's after having the SAME UPS guy for 5 YEARS!!!

Not so with radiation delivery guy. He's Mr. Overly Friendly. He starts converstions in a forcefull and really interested kind of way. He did the same thing today. It's not creepy, or anything, it's just weird. Is he hitting on me? Nobody hits on me! Maybe he's just really friendly but really really bad at small talk. I don't know. I think I'll ask around to see if he's that way with everyone.

|