<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004


Insane in the membrane... 

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different results each time. This can also be the definition of the project I'm working on right now, which leads me to wonder...

AM I FUCKING INSANE????

I keep doing these 2D gels over and over again, and no matter how careful I am, something goes horribly wrong, and the whole week is wasted. A whole week. Usually, screwing something up means a loss of a day or two, tops. But since this protocol is so long and complicated, a screw up means either 1. I'll be in the lab all weekend, or 2. wait till monday to start all over, and face the wrath of SJR (advisor/boss). Fortunately, the one I started yesterday is still looking good. Got two bright smears on my first dimension gel. Keeping my fingers crossed!

And I'm supposed to be finishing up my old project (which I think I may be done with, for now, yay!) and concentrating on my new project, which I CAN'T do because she also wants an answer on this 2D gel stuff ASAP.

I'm being pulled in so many directions I think I'm going to snap. My answer? Maybe I'll post something on my blog for a while...

Such a glorious way to waste time :)

|