<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 28, 2004


Amputee 

My cell phone was a casualty of Saturday night. I left it on an end table, and someone put their glass down next to it. Condensation formed a puddle, which did something very bad to the battery. My phone won't turn on, and when I put it on the charger, the red light just blinks at me. Not good. I bought another battery on eBay a few weeks ago, since my battery was on its last legs anyway, but they sent me the wrong one. It may be a week or two before I get the right one, that is, if they even have the right one.

My cell phone is 2 1/2 years old. The antenna broke off a few months ago, and the battery was dying. I couldn't afford a new one without renewing my contract with sprint, and I didn't want to do that because K and I want to get a plan together when my contract is up in sept.

I am without cell phone. I feel like I've lost a limb. It's stupid, because I don't really use it that much. I make long distance calls to friends and family, mostly on the weekend. I call K from the store ("what else did we need besides milk?"). A few friends who refuse to remember my home number call me on it. That's about it. But I still feel a strange void. That familiar weight in my pocket is gone. The comfort of knowing that I can call someone no matter where I am, and that someone can call me anytime, is gone.

To top it off, I'm having a bad Monday. I'm sad and I need a hug!!! :(


|