<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004


Whew! 

Cool! New format - I like it!

Whew! I need another weekend, to recover from this weekend. Friday was crazy. The next time someone invites us to a party that is OTP during rush hour, I’m going to say…NO! I know that some people choose to live a life in the idyllic suburbs, but I don’t see why I should have to suffer because of this. If they want to have a party on a Friday night, they should rent a room in a restaurant inside the perimeter – where all the civilized people live. That was nuts.

And Saturday was my good friends’ V and E’s wedding. K drove, so I helped myself to much wine (as you can tell by my previous post). All my friends are getting married, it seems. Got another wedding to attend in June. Poor K. We’re getting enough comments as it is: “so when are you guys getting engaged?” and “I know a good jewelry store, if you’re interested…” And that was when they were all busy wedding planning. Now when they’re all married, they will have nothing else better to do then bug us. And I’m just as guilty myself. I’ve spent most of my life believing that I would never get married. Now all of a sudden I’ve gone ring crazy. Doesn’t help that amazon.com’s got that new jewelry site. I like the blue safire and diamond combos with the white gold base. Pretty reasonably priced, I might add.

Sigh…it will happen when it happens. K and I have only been together for a little over a year. And he’s only technically been divorced for a little longer. (though they were separated way before - she was a nut case, sounds like!) Plus he just got a job (yay!) after a long bout of unemployment. But I’m happy with our situation. “Living in blissful sin,” as I call it. Hate to mess it up by complicating the matter. We both know where we’re headed, and I’m comfortable with that.

Where was I? Oh yeah, busy weekend. Today we drove 3 hours to Gadston, AL to meet his mother, sister and her kids for lunch. It’s a nice halfway point for us. They live in BFE Alabama (aka Red Bay). So lunch, a walk around the mall, and a 3 hour drive back…my ass is sore from being in the car so long! Now some almost homemade pizza (Publix made the fresh dough) and…SLEEP! I’m really exhausted!

|