<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 13, 2006


*gnaw* 

I am hungry.


So very, very hungry.


I'm considering licking the sides of that bottle of hot sauce over there.


Why am I so hungry?

I am on a diet. The first real diet I have been on in I can't tell you HOW long. This diet is designed by Curves. I signed up for a six-week class that meets on Thursday evenings. We get a book that outlines the diet, provides recipes, shopping lists, and a day by day meal plan.

I can eat 5 times a day. 6 if you count the optional Curves protein shake. This sounds like a lot. It is not.

Not the first week, anyway. The first week is a 1200 calorie a day, 45% protein, 30% carb, 25% fat diet. 3 meals plus snacks. After the first week, the caloric intake is bumped to 1600 a day, and you stay on that until you reach your goal, or your weight "plateaus," in which case you move to stage 3, which isn't really dictated on a meal by meal basis, but just an "eat health and maintain" in order to get your metabolism back up to speed. Then you can start the process all over again.

Today was day 1 for me. I was going to start last week, but with my mom being here, and some already planned meals out with out of town friends, I decided it wasn't ideal to start a strict diet with all those temptations.

Then yesterday Kev made a delicious venison stew, served over brown rice. Healthy, but I wasn't sure how to fit that into my little diet spreadsheet. So I officially started today.

I've eaten 4 of my 5 meals.


I am hungry.



Is it time for my snack yet?




now?



ugh. all WEEK with this. and tomorrow is valentine's day! bleah!

*******************update*************************

last snack of the day: a couple slices of deli turky and a string cheese.

result: STILL HUNGRY!

may need my chocolate protein/vitamin shake thingy before bed. stuff is not bad, really.

|