<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 11, 2005


won't you take me to...FUNKY TOWN! 

Yesterday there was a definate funk. Hard to describe. I kept spraying Febreeze everywhere. We took the garbage out, hoping that would help.

Last night I thought I smell something burning. But only in the hallway and dining room. And there was nothing. The walls weren't warm. The lights weren't on. It was definately weird.

This afternoon, when I got home from church and the lab, it was worse. MUCH WORSE. It smelled like poop.

Ugh...DAMMIT SADIE!

But...where was it? I checked her crate. She looked up at me from her bed, happy to see me home. I scowled at her hopeful tail wagging. "stupid dog...WHAT DID YOU DO???"

I checked her favorite "accident" corner (god, I can't wait to start the sunroom tiling project. my carpet is disgusting). Nothing. I checked all the corners. Nothing. The smell was awful. Kev insists that he wasn't experiencing any tummy troubles. He joined the search for incriminating evidence. Sadie followed me, what a fun game! "GO LIE DOWN!" Stupid dog.

WHERE WAS THAT SMELL???? Back to the dining room - stronger there.

Behind the table...against the wall...in the storage bins...

Ugh.

Bingo.

Have I mentioned the fruit flies? THE FRUIT FLIES AND THEIR LOVE OF ALL THINGS POTATO???? THE FLIES THAT HAVE HAUNTED ME FOR YEARS AND WON'T LET ME ENJOY BASIC POTATO STORAGE????

Where there had been a bag of delicious small red potatoes...was now a stinky mess of goo.

Potatoes gone. Stink gone.

Sadie vindicated.

Sorry Sadie.

Have a biscuit.

Doggy biscuit torture

annnnd...a rubber chicken flavored bone. With peanut butter smeared on it so you'll actually CHEW on it this time, instead of ignoring it. Because I can't give you rawhide anymore. They give you diarrhea. So chew. CHEW DAMMIT!

Yay!  rubber bone!


|