<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 30, 2005


tuesday tiddies 

Knit Owl

I thought, foolishly so, that by remaining "invisible" on yahoo IM that I would not be chatting with other time zones into all hours of the night, and therefore get to bed earlier.

Foolish mortal.

Now I KNIT! I KNIT INTO THE NIGHT!

Last night I was obsessed with getting to the third color on my tote bag. That means I'm 2/3 of the way done. What time did I get to the first row of green? 1:30am.

Seriously, I need help

*************************
oddity

We have an autoclave that is shared by the 3 labs that occupy the "open lab design" here. Usually, the autoclaves smells like badly burnt sugar and dead things.

Today, it smells like vanilla.

Why? Who knows? But it smells like freshly baked cookies back there.

Later, I will ruin it by autoclaving my bag full of used yeasty plates.

***********************
sad

another reason I was late this morning is because I was glued to the TV, watching the devastating aftermath of Katrina.

I had been hoping to visit New Orleans soon. It's always been on my list of places that I really wanted to go. Kev and I had talked about it a while back...

But now...is it changed forever? Will New Orleans ever be the same?

And for all those affected, I know I can offer no consolation, but my prayers are with them all.

A few "fingers" made it through atlanta. Last night it brough thunder and rain. Today the wind whips through the trees, and large puffy clouds zip through the sky. I can't believe that the origins of this cooling wind caused so much devastation

**************************
Spaghetti inside




Buy a shirt from BoingBoing and support the National Center for Science Education (NCSE). (clicky the pic above)

What the hell is the Flying Spaghetti Monster? DO YOU LIVE IN A CAVE???

Origins here.


|