<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 17, 2005


do they still sell potato stix? 

Have you ever been in the grocery store, just doing some regular shopping, and then you spot a food item that just takes you back to your past? It's been there every time you're at the store, but you never really thought about it?

OK, maybe just me.

Like the other day at store, I was doing some shopping, and I walk past the refrigerated section in the back....let's see...cheese...yogurt...don't need margarine..and...HEY!!! PUDDING CUPS ARE ON SALE! Oh my god! I haven't had pudding cups in YEARS!!!

Why the hell not? They've always been there...I could have picked some up any time! But...THAT day, dammit, I NEEDED PUDDING CUPS! I LIVED on pudding cups in college. Pudding cups and canned soup.

Then yesterday I was waiting in line at the check out at Wal...at just some store...hehe..trying DESPERATELY to ignore the hoards of screaming out of control children running up and down the aisle (SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!!) while their parents stared straight ahead and pretending not to notice...

When...SCORE! COMBOS!!! What a blast from the past! "combos combos..c-c-c-combos"

They're just the perfect snack...pretzels...filled with CHEESE...BRILLIANT! WHY DO I NEVER BUY THESE? I used to eat them all the time as a kid. So HELL YEAH I picked up a bag, and took it to work today. Where Brenda saw them and informed me that Combos were the official snack of NASCAR. Whoa. I am TOTALLY WHITE TRASH, BABY!

*****************
hit or miss...really...

tonight for dinner:
grilled chicken sandwich with fresh sliced tomatoes, saffron rice, corn on the cob, fresh salad.

yesterday's dinner: corn dogs

you just never know what you're going to get at Le Bistro de ESC

|