<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005


Son of a BITCH! *update* 

just talked to the technician at CompUSA. They're going to send my computer out to be overhauled. Why? because he tried a new power supply, the computer still didn't turn on, so it must be a problem with the system.

WHAT???? DO THEY NOT FUCKING READ THE INFORMATION WE GAVE THEM????

It's not the power cord, it's most likely not the battery. It's the connection inside the computer. It doesn't make the connection between the cord and the battery. There might be a short, because it REALLY heats up when it is plugged in and connecting. And to even get it to connect, you have to push the cord in and hold it there, or jam something up next to it to keep it from wiggling. But even then, the battery won't charge.

IT IS NOT MY SYSTEM! THEY ARE GOING TO WIPE MY HARDDRIVE AND RELOAD XP HOME, AND I'M GOING TO LOSE EVERYTHING!

Unless I pay for them to back up, of course. Or that might be covered under the warentee, I have to find that out. But that's besides the point, because it's NOT going to fix the problem!

What the hell is wrong with these people? I know they deal with idiots on a daily basis, who take their laptops into the bathtub with them and then wonder why it won't bootup any more, just because they got shampoo all over it.

But Kev gave them a very detailed analysis of what was wrong, and what we had tried to do to fix it. Can we just flash a special "we're not idiots" card, and then get some REAL help???

Now I'm trying to get back to them to find out what they've really tried to do. I already told them DO NOT send it out until I get back to you. But I keep getting the "all our technicians are busy, please leave a message and we'll get back to you."

no one has gotten back to me.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

*****update****

Kev talked to them. It's become clear that CompUSA techs don't really know what they're doing. He's going to pick up the laptop on the way home, backup a few things, and then take it back tomorrow. Then they'll send it to Compaq, who will likely be able to fix the problem without erasing my hard drive, because they (hopefully) know how to repair laptops.

Of course, this means I'll be laptopless for another week or so. I feel empty and lost. Adrift in the world, with nothing to anchor me.....

|