<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 10, 2004


Saturday get-togethers and gay hobbits 

Apparently, the whole of atlanta also wanted to rent "saved" last night, as the blockbuster near me, and then one where my friends live was already out of it. Beatdown on blockbuster!

So instead we watched



which was very strange, but very good. Not used to seeing Jim Carey so...quiet, and Kate Winslet so...blue haired. I think the guys even liked it, but I know for a fact that Kevin was most interested in the parts with Kirsten Dunst dancing around in her underwear. And Elijah Wood looked even gayer than he did in L of the R, if that's possible. But in a creepy kind of way.

(apologies to all geeks there, but really! But during the whole trilogy it seemed like he and Sam were just on the verge of kissing. I kept wanting to yell out "Oh just kiss him already!" but I was afraid I'd be bludgeoned by plastic sword bearing geek elf wannabes.)

The friends brought a yummy lasagna, I made a salad, and Kevin made a cake. A nice evening with friends. No drunken debauchery, as friend is preggers. Very preggers! 7 months! Gah! My friends are all going "breeder" on me. Not me................................................................................................yet.

|